The DAAD Helmut Schmidt Scholarships is a fully-funded scholarship program for students from developing countries.
The Master’s Scholarship for Public Policy and Good Governance is a well-known DAAD Helmut Schmidt program worldwide.
This initiative allows future leaders from developing countries to promote democracy and social justice in their communities. As a result, emerging countries will experience social, political, and economic growth.
Highly eligible individuals are invited to apply for DAAD scholarships in Germany to study law, economics, political science, economics, and administration. As a result, they can progress to leadership positions in their respective countries.
DAAD Helmut Schmidt Programme 2024 in Germany:
The DAAD Helmut Schmidt scholarships program is hosted in Germany
Below is the list of universities hosting the DAAD Helmut Schmidt Scholarships 2023- 2024
- Hochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg
- University of Duisburg-Essen
- Willy Brandt School of Public Policy at the University of Erfurt
- University of Magdeburg
- Hochschule Osnabrück
- University of Passau
The DAAD Helmut Schmidt Scholarship is only available for Master’s Degree candidates
The scholarship program last for a minimum duration of two years.
Below are the Courses Offered Under DAAD Scholarship 2024;
- Social Protection.
- Development and Governance.
- Public Policy.
- Peace and Conflict Studies.
- Management in Non-Profit Organization.
- Development Studies.
- Governance and Public Policy.
- Public Management.
Eligible Countries for DAAD Scholarship 2024:
The DAAD Helmut Schmidt Scholarships is only available for the following countries below;
- Bosnia and
- North Macedonia
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African
- Congo, Democratic
- Côte d’Ivoire
- Equatorial Guinea
- São Tomé und
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Cook Islands
- Marshall Islands
- North Korea
- Papua N. Guinea
- Solomon Islands
- Sri Lanka
- Latin Am
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Rep.
- El Salvador
- Vin. & Gre.
Benefits of DAAD Helmut Schmidt Programme
Below are the Benefits of DAAD Helmut Schmidt Programme 2024 in Germany;
- Exemption from tuition fees.
- Engagement with events and seminars.
- A stipend of Euro 934 per month.
- Health insurance coverage.
- Travel allowances.
- Study and research grant
- Research grant.
- rent subsidies and family supplements,
- Preceding German language course.
Below are the Eligibility Criteria of DAAD Helmut Schmidt Programme 2024;
- Graduates belonging to developing countries can apply.
- The eligible countries are mentioned in the above countries list.
- Candidates with a good academic record in the following fields can apply social and political sciences, law, economics, public policy, economics, and administration.
- Students with a passion to contribute to the socio-political and economic well-being of their countries can apply.
- Students with relevant work experience can apply.
- For more information, visit the official website.
How to Apply for DAAD Scholarship in Germany?
To Apply for the DAAD Helmut Schmidt Scholarships follow the steps below;
- The applicants have to apply online through the official website in English or German.
- Indicate clearly the opted courses by prioritizing the options (you can apply for a maximum of two courses).
- Complete the DAAD application form carefully.
- A single application for two courses will be considered enough.
- Submit the application form along with the required documents to the master’s course university, not to the DAAD
Selection Criteria of the DAAD Helmut Schmidt Programme:
- Academic record.
- Quality of motivation letter.
- Alignment of the motivational letter with program goals.
- Practical related experience.
- The decision of the selection committee of the master’s course as well as of DAAD.
- Selected candidates will be contacted by the DAAD and then they will have to upload documents on the DAAD portal.
Required Documents for DAAD Scholarships, Germany:
To fully apply for the DAAD Helmut Schmidt Scholarships, you need to get the below-required documents ready.
- DAAD Checklist form.
- DAAD Application form.
- CV in reverse chronological order.
- A single letter of motivation.
- Higher education degree certificates.
- Work experience certificate related to the Helmut-Schmidt Programme
- Proof of English Language
- Written references from current employer or university teacher
DAAD Scholarship Application Deadline:
- The last date to apply for the scholarship is July 31, 2023.