Fully-funded DAAD Scholarships in Germany 2024: DAAD Scholarships are German Academic Exchange Services.
It allows foreign graduates with at least two years of professional experience from emerging and newly industrialized nations to pursue a postgraduate or master’s degree at a state-recognized German university.
In unusual situations, it may also be possible to pursue a doctorate degree and receive a university certificate (Master’s or Ph.D.) in Germany.
DAAD Scholarships Details
Below are the full details of the fully-funded DAAD Scholarships 2024:
|Aug-Oct 2024 (annual)
If you need a scholarship that includes a bachelor’s degree level, you can apply to the ongoing Fully Funded Kazakhstan Government Scholarships (ending June 30th).
German Universities offering development-related postgraduate courses
Level/Field(s) of Study:
Master or Ph.D. programs in Economic Sciences/Business Administration/Political Economics; Development Cooperation; Engineering and Related Sciences; Mathematics; Regional and Urban Planning; Agricultural and Forest Sciences; Natural and Environmental Sciences; Medicine and Public Health; Social Sciences, Education, and Law; and Media Studies.
- List of all postgraduate courses with application deadlines in 2023 and 24.
- List of all postgraduate courses with application deadlines in 2024 and 25.
Number of Scholarships:
Students from eligible countries
The fully-funded DAAD Scholarships include monthly payments of 861 euros for graduates and 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates, as well as payments for health.
It also covers accident and personal liability insurance coverage and travel allowances, unless these fees are paid by the home country or another source of support.
The Master’s scholarship lasts 12 to 24 months (depending on the university), while the Ph.D. scholarship lasts 42 months.
To be eligible for the fully-funded DAAD Scholarships 2024, you need to:
- Holds a bachelor’s degree (normally four years) in a related subject.
- Be working in a developing country for a public authority, a state, or a private enterprise and, as such, be involved in the planning and execution of directives and projects with a concentration on development policies affecting technological, economic, or social areas.
- Has completed an academic degree with far above average results (upper third) and at least two years of related professional experience after the first degree (bachelor) at the time of application
- His or her academic degree should not be more than six years old.
- For study courses in German (scholarship includes a 6-month German language course): successful passing of the language examination DSH 2 or TestDaF 4 before the start of the study course.
- Therefore, a minimum German language level of B1 at the time of application is a requirement that needs to be proven by providing a certificate.
- For courses in English: Proof of adequate language skills, according to the regulations of the respective courses
How to Apply
Applications must be sent directly to the relevant course. The application procedure, application deadline, and required documents can be found on the different course websites.
The deadline varies based on the course, but it is usually between August and October of 2024.